One of Lakshadweep’s most stunning lagoons is on Agatti Island. Agatti Island-Lakshadweep is where the airport is located. The view of the island’s airfield from the plane as it approaches for a landing is breathtaking. The gateway to the islands is essentially Agatti. Agatti is one of the most accessible islands in Lakshadweep thanks to Air India’s flights, and visitors can enjoy day trips to Thinna Kara, Parali I, and Parali II as well as Bangaram, the Queen of the Arabian Sea.
Best Tourist Places In India During Summer
One of the Lakshadweep islands that welcomes domestic visitors is Agatti. However, there are some limitations on who can visit the Island. To access or visit the island, one must first obtain an entry permit from the Lakshadweep Administration. Guest is only granted entry if they have a sponsored permit and a confirmed location to stay.
Agatti Island is one of the unique Lakshadweep island groups. The 8 km long Agatti island, which is one of the coral isles of the Lakshadweep archipelago, is home to about 8000 people. Additionally, this island boasts stunning topographical formations and an abundance of natural vegetation that enchant visitors. Despite barely covering 3 square kilometers, Agatti Island attracts a lot of beach lovers and unconventional tourists. It is a well-liked tourist island in Lakshadweep due to its breathtaking beauty, clear waters, accessibility, and beachy atmosphere.
Why travel to Agatti Island?
Agatti Island is a great option for couples and honeymooners who want to spend some time alone. Spending quality time together is made possible by the charming settings, turquoise waters, white powdery beach, and breathtaking views. In addition, Agatti Island offers a variety of water sports like scuba diving, deep-sea fishing, and snorkeling that will captivate all adventure seekers. So go to Agatti Island in Lakshadweep if you want to spend time in nature, admire beauty, and have a lot of experience with marine life.
How to reach Agatti Island
There are two ways to go to Agatti Island: by ship or by air. Indian Airlines operates flights from Kochi to Lakshadweep. The airport (where the plane lands) is located only in Agatti. The flight takes over one hour and thirty minutes to travel from Kochi to Agatti. MV Kavaratti, MV Arabian Sea, MV Lakshadweep Sea, MV Lagoon, MV Corals, MV Amindivi, and MV Minicoy are other seven-passenger ships that can travel from Kochi to Agatti Island in 14 to 18 hours.
Best time to visit Agatti Island
The ideal time to visit Agatti Island is during the winter. Because of the excellent weather at this time, you may engage in all aquatic activities without risking sunburn. However, November through February are the ideal times to explore Agatti Island.
Best Romantic Honeymoon Destinations in India
Things to do on Agatti Island
- Participate in watersports on Agatti Island.
- Go to the Agatti Marine Museum.
- Paddle a kayak alongside the beach.
- Take a stroll on the beach late at night.
- View marine life, including fish and underwater plants.
- Visit the islands of Thinnakara and Bangaram.
- Kalpitti Trip.
Useful tips for visiting Agatti Island
- Reservations for lodging must be made in advance.
- Tourists need a special permit from the Lakshadweep Administration to enter Agatti island, which can be obtained once you present your confirmed location of stay on the island.
- Alcohol is not allowed on this island.
- Other nationalities may stay on Bangaram Island, Minicoy Island, or Thinnakara Island; only Indians are permitted to reside on this island.
- On this island, there is only one ATM, so make sure you have enough cash on hand.
- The best way to see anything around here is by walking.
- If you have any other mobile network, you will experience a low range throughout. – Airtel and BSNL have strong networks here.
- To prevent sunburn, bring flip-flops, beachwear, and sun protection.
Do you need a permit to enter the island?
Yes, a permit is required to enter the island. Anyone wishing to enter the island, whether they are an Indian national or a foreign national, must have a permit. By completing an online application, you can apply for a permit. After that, the properly completed form must be turned in to the registration office or station house office. These offices can be found in Kochi’s Wellington Island.
Do you Know?
- The shortest of the tourist islands, Agatti Island is barely 7 kilometers long.
- It belongs to the Lakshadweep islands even though it is situated off the coast of Kochi.
- Bangaram Island is the only island in the chain of islands with a private resort except for Agatti Island.
- Agatti Island has a population of fewer than 1000 people.
Frequently Asked Questions About Agatti Island, Lakshadweep
1. How many islands are there in Lakshadweep?
2. Which island in Lakshadweep is the longest?
The largest island is Andrott Island, which has a 4.90 sq km surface area, a 4.66 km length, and a maximum width of 1.43 km.
3. Which Lakshadweep island is the superior one?
The best locations for Lakshadweep islands are as follows: Island of Minicoy. Islands of Kalpeni. Islands of Kadmat.
4. Why is Agatti island famous?
An archipelago of Indian islands makes up this collection. There are several coral reefs and 36 atolls make up this region. Agatti receives a lot of visitors each year. It is renowned for its beautiful coral islands and its white sand beaches, which are protected and kept clean.
5. Do we need a passport for Agatti Island?
All Lakshadweep Islands are open to travelers from India. Visitors from outside India who have a valid passport and visa for the country may, with the administrator’s permission, visit the islands of Agatti, Kadmat, and the international tourist resort of Bangaram.
Unless otherwise stated, RajasthaniRoyals takes no credit for the photographs published on our blog site. All visual content is copyrighted to the original creators. When possible, we try to connect back to original sources. Please email us if you own the rights to any of the photographs and do not want them to appear on RajasthaniRoyals. We will immediately delete them. We believe in giving full credit to the author, artist, or photographer who created the work.
Best Places To Visit In Manali